Monday, June 30, 2008

My daughters are into the virtual second life world. They have created alter egos and given them names, etc. They tell me it is like playing virtual paper dolls. I don’t begin to think I understand any of this and wonder if maybe a lot of people have way too much time on their hands but each to his own. This weekend they held the Hawaiian Tropics Second Life Beauty Pageant. One of my daughters entered her alter ego. There were 18 contestants and it included evening gown, swimsuit and interview segments. Poor Jamie didn’t even make it through the first cut. Immediately she said she was a big loser even in the fantasy world. Now, I don’t know about you but I have enough opportunities to be a loser in the REAL world…..I don’t need to create more. Gads, how much can one person’s ego take anyway? Rejection feels bad no matter where it comes from. I think I’ll give her some scissors and some newspapers.

No comments: