Monday, June 2, 2008

The Last Word

Last Friday I had to get into my desk to find a key. Being the slightly compulsive person that I am this naturally led to cleaning out every drawer in my desk. While I was throwing little scraps of paper away and neatly arranging and categorizing every item in my desk I got to thinking.... What if something happened to me and I just didn't show up for work one day then someone else would be cleaning out my desk. I decided that having to get the last word in I would leave a note just in case. So, in my center drawer I left the following:


To Whom It May Concern:

If you are cleaning out my desk then one of two things must have occurred. I am either dead or have won the lottery. Either of these events would explain my sudden and swift departure. But you may rest assure I am somewhere basking in sunshine and having more fun than you are.

Respectfully

No comments: