Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Thank God for Sons-In-Law

My kitchen and dining room are painted thanks to my wonderful son-in-law. Both rooms look great and now I'm trying to put things back on the walls and get the curtains hung. My son-in-law is going to paint the living room and hallway next. It's amazing how good the paint job looks when done by someone who knows what the heck they are doing. He used to paint as a side job when he was on the fire department and his skill level shows. I had some serious cracking in the drywall and didn't know how I'd ever get a patched job to blend into the rest of the wall but you can't tell where the cracks were at all. It just looks perfect. I sure am ready to be finished with the home makeover for awhile. It seems like a never ending job but it won't be much longer now.

I'm still recovering from my weekend of scrap booking. I've been tired all day. I barely mustered the energy to get on my exercise bike this morning. I have pledged to ride it every day this week for at minimum of 30 minutes but I'll shoot for longer when possible. I have faithfully ridden it at least 5 days a week for over a year now. I just got off schedule for about a week and didn't realize how hard it would be to get going again. I've had to recommit myself. I'm trying to start losing weight again. I've maintained for the past few months but still have more weight to lose. So far I've lost 40 pounds but that's where I just got stuck. It is so hard to lose it....and so easy to gain it all back. I've really worked to not gain but sometimes I just want to pig out and eat all the things I've denied myself over the past year. BUT I WON'T give in.

No comments: