Friday, February 8, 2008

We must remember this...a kiss is still a kiss...

My sweetie and I took a short road trip this past weekend. His great aunt passed away and we went to pay our respects. Though a somber occasion she was 90 years old and had a good life. After going to the funeral home we decided to grab a bite to eat at the 5 & Diner. It was a step back in time from the metalic exterior to the waitress's uniforms and bobby socks. There were black & white check tiles on the floor and each booth had its own jukebox. You could spin two tunes for a quarter. Though Ron and I met when we were 6 years old our first date didn't occur until some 50 years later. We were enjoying our time travel back to our youth and it was like having the high school date we never had. There we were feeling young and giddy just enjoying the nostalgic atmosphere. Ron handed me 2 quarters and I put them in the jukebox. I scanned through the hundreds of song titles and made my selections then Ron selected two songs of his own. We sat there waiting to hear our song choices play when Ron asked me what I had selected. After a brief pause I replied, "I don't remember". Ron thought for a moment and said he didn't remember what he chose either. Hmmmmm Now, that never happened in high school.

No comments: